Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The 12 by 4 workout

Sometimes I kind of pull workouts out of my arss, like tonight at Urban Warrior. They always stick my the usual full body conditioning, high intensity thing that gets people fit fast and burns fat.

Tonight I surprised the class with the 12 x 4 workout.

I picked 12 exercises that we did 12 reps of 4 times around from start to finish. And by the way we didn't take any real rest periods. That was half the fun of it...getting the heart rate up high while doing some body weight strength exercises.

This is what we did:

1) reserves lunges
2) push ups
3) burpies
4) plie squat jumps
5) side plank twists
6) leap frogs
7) firehydrants
8) pull ups
9) russian twists
10) forward lunges
11) jumping jacks
12) single leg squats

Give it a go. You can do it anywhere, apart from the pull ups. It challenges you in a different way than workouts you might have been doing.

Fun fun fun.

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment