Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The connection between core strength and core energy


A few weeks ago I started offering a class "Core Strength and Energy Balancing". Over the years I've been training, I've come to realize that we have our physical bodies and energetic bodies with both impacting each other.

I've noticed that similar emotional states create similar postural issues. That similar energetic depletion creates similar core strength issues. The energetic body is represented by chakras and the main chakras run down the centre of the body (the pelvic area to the top of the head). They are the interface with the world. The energy we receive from the outside world (universe) is filtered through chakras and the energy we send out into the world if filtered through these chakras.

I have found that if I focus on balancing core strength out in people's bodies while also opening up areas where posture is compromised, we can concurrently build deep core stability AND move stagnant energy out of the body and revitalized chakras.

While I'm a strong believer in the power of psychotherapy, I believe that energy and memory gets trapped in the body. We need to find ways to release trauma from the body as well. Talking through issues is essential as is moving through issues.

So as I experiment with how to bring the physical and energetic bodies together to strengthen them at the same time, I know I'm not doing anything revolutionary. I understand that yoga can do this. That many other practices can do this. And that Tibetan monks developed the Tibetan Rites over 2500 years ago to do this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJElLrpBetc

But given our sedentary, desk based life, I believe we need to look at doing this is a way that is more specific to modern society and more efficient. Ancient practices weren't designed with time strapped desk workers in mind!

Our cores are far more de-conditioned to due prolonged sitting than they ever have been in history. So I'm creating an approach to address core strength and the energetic body (while incorporating Reiki training) in a way that is designed more specifically for people who sit for work.

So in my class format, I'm bringing energy work, incorporating the Tibetan Rites and bringing in cutting edge core training techniques.

The groups filled up very quickly! I only have one spot left on Fridays at 1 starting Feb 1st.

CORE STRENGTH AND ENERGY BALANCING WITH JANE CLAPP

In this 6 week workshop, build truly deep core strength and long lean muscles while learning how to ground your energy efficiently and release or energize each chakra! You will be introduced to functional and cutting edge core strength exercises while also experiencing more ancient chakra clearing techniques including the Tibetan Rights exercises and energizing meditations.

Wednesdays at 1 – 2PM starting Jan 16th
Mondays 9-10AM starting Jan 28th
Fridays 1-2pm starting Feb 1st

Cost $150 for 6 classes (committing to Mon, Wed or Fri).



3 comments:

  1. Hello mates, its wonderful paragraph concerning cultureand completely
    explained, keep it up all the time.
    Medium Chain Triglycerides

    ReplyDelete

  2. Hey, very nice site. I came across this on Google, and I am stoked that I did. I will definitely be coming back here more often. Wish I could add to the conversation and bring a bit more to the table, but am just taking in as much info as I can at the moment. Thanks for sharing.

    Women's Health And Fitness

    ReplyDelete
  3. https://harshfit.blogspot.com/2014/03/foam-rolling.html?showComment=1553943872684#c8609333810019906403

    ReplyDelete