Monday, October 31, 2011

How Light Therapy Can Boost Your Energy in Darker Month


Here's a taste of my most recent iVillage Column with some great links to more information for people who feel their energy dipping with the shortening days.

Plus check out an event I'm hosting on Nov 9th for all those motivated energy seekers who want to feel better.

Every fall when the sun starts setting early and I wake up to an alarm in the dark, I feel a strong desire to conserve energy, hibernate and just slow down. But the reality of my life is that I still have to be full of energy to motivate my clients and be fully present as a parent. I’m not a bear that gets to crawl into a cave for winter. I’ve traveled all over and constantly find myself picking hot climates with lots of sun, sand and the ocean at my disposal. I’m not built for Toronto winters!

A few years ago, right around this time of year, I knew I had to start being proactive about my energetic deficit. I couldn’t spend another cold Toronto winter just trying to make it to spring. I had read about light therapy lamps for people who suffer from seasonal affective disorder. I started being very honest with myself. Maybe I suffered from SAD. But as I started researching light therapy, it became clear that most people who lose sunlight in the winter could benefit.


Read full article

No comments:

Post a Comment