Sunday, February 7, 2010

Intense workout for when your lower body is injured

Today I woke up excited to go to my Muay Thai class at tkmt (tkmt.ca) but as the morning progressed I could see that it just wasn't going to happen. My right calf isn't happy. Perhaps that skipping barefoot on a hard surface is to blame. The only downside of the Muay Thai class. Likely caused by tight calves.

I really wanted to get a workout in today and get my heart rate up. Running was out as was any type of impact work. So I started playing around and came up with this workout which did get me sweating and gave me some lovely endorphins.

I went through the following three times and fast. Some of this might sound like fitness jargon but next time you're in the gym I you can ask me what the heck I'm talking about.

Pull ups
TRX push ups
TRX chest flies
TRX lat pullover
Pelvic tucks on stability ball with 35lb plate on my pelvis
Chest press on stability ball with 35lb plate
Stability ball pikes
Stability ball lateral twists
Front arm raise prone on hyper bench with small dumbells
Wide rows will staying horizontal on hyper bench

So I ended up with an intense 30 minute workout instead of feeling really bummed about missing my class.

Tuesday I will be meeting with a client who broke her arm to show her how to keep working out and working around her injury so she doesn't feel like she's taking a step back. And positivity definitely aids the healing process.

Best,

Jane

1 comment: