Thursday, February 4, 2010

Perspective: Boltanski and the Human Heart



One of my clients just returned from a work trip to Paris and visited the Christian Boltanski exhibit. It covers over 15000 sq metres, surrounds the observer with the sound of numerous human heart beats and makes you feel uncomfortable to say the least (his goal achieved).

Here's a link to an article describing it.
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601088&sid=aluZHjCwhn9A

I try my best to have other interests and nurture my curiosity about the larger world, especially since my work could easily make me into a myopic fitness zombie just focused on making butts smaller and abs tighter...yawn!!!

To me, part of health means always keeping perspective on the big picture around us, having a sense of connectedness with humanity. One of the ways our life can get out of balance is when, to get through each day, we shrink our world into a manageable little box.

Boltanski certainly shows us how we can connect to each other and the world through experiences on a much larger level. I can't thank my clients enough for expanding my world!

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment