Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Trainer Tips to Tackling Holiday Excess BEFORE it Starts


I'm a strong believer in the power of our beliefs and thoughts to determine outcomes in our lives. This article is primarily about that.

If you think something will be so, it will be so. It's something I'm trying to become more and more aware of in my own life. The power to manifest both the positive and negative.

So take a look at the full article but here's a teaser.

Do you see yourself at holiday parties and family dinners gorging yourself to the point of self-loathing or even just indulging beyond what you know is reasonable? Do you anticipate the pressure from family members to over do it on the food front without a strong enough will to set boundaries with people who love you through food?

Maybe you see yourself getting a little tipsy at every single holiday party and plan on a hard-core cleanse in January. I offer you a quote that is a guiding principle for my life and one I always bring into my weight loss and health coaching at Urbanfitt.

“The thing always happens that you really believe in; and the belief in a thing makes it happen.” - Frank Lloyd Wright
If we believe losing weight or keeping it off is going to be next to impossible, our behaviours and choices will reflect this belief.

I offer you an alternative vision of the holidays: The ability to enjoy the sensual pleasures of the holidays within reason by raising our self-awareness and consciousness about our moment- to-moment choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment