Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Waiting for Warrior Within

As I sit here waiting for my new group of women dealing with the big C to come in for their first class, my belly is full of anticipation, fear and excitement.

Will I actually be able to offer something to these women dealing with breast cancer?

What do I know about how they're feeling emotionally and physically really?

What do I know about what it's like to live in their bodies and go see oncologists for hours at a time and have a catheter in my body 24/7, lose all my hair and wake up with the knowledge everyday that my body is dealing with a potential life or death struggle?

The foremost feeling I have right now is humility. These women have never met me but are willing to make time in their lives to come and meet me and see if I can help them feel more vital somehow.

I was so full of anticipation I forced myself to have some lunch knowing that I could easily hit that low blood sugar zombie state of being if I didn't.

What do I have planned for them today? A combo of dynamic warm up, body weight training, yoga and pilates and some good relaxation, lights out and some mysofascial release at the end.

I will report back after class. I hear someone coming now.

Wish us luck,

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment