Sunday, July 31, 2011

6 Tips for Becoming and Exercise Addict


I cannot be fully and completely myself without exercise in my life. If I take more than a week off from exercise, I get squirrelly and even grumpy. It is what keeps my soul and mind balanced, not to mention by body relatively fit!

I was really excited when Adina Goldman, my editor at iVillage Canada, asked me to write an article on how to get addicted to exercise. It gave me serious pause. I do believe there is a bit of a recipe to making exercise an essential component of our day to day existence, not seen as an extra thing on top of everything else we do, but something essential for peace of mind. I'm not talking about being obsessive compulsive about exercise like ignoring injuries, sickness or not adjusting to your energy or stress levels and choosing activities that are healthy to improve balance.

READ FULL ARTICLE

As a teaser, here are my six tips are as follows:

1) Find your location motivation
2) Master mad skills
3) Make play a priority
4) Take baby steps and reward yourself
5) Know yourself
6) Find your people

For a full explanation of what I mean by these tips, go the my column!

No comments:

Post a Comment