Friday, March 23, 2012

My Friend Taught me the Gratitude Game


This week someone very special invited me to join in on a gratitude game with just 2 other people. I was very honored since to the other two people, I'm almost a stranger.
But they accepted me into their daily exercise. I haven't been doing enough gratitude workouts, to build a muscle that will atrophy just like any other muscle in our beings will.

I knew I needed to make sure my attitude didn't slip too far down the tube. And just at the right time, I was fortunate enough to be offered help from a friend.

So here is how you can start your own gratitude game according to the way the small group I've been invited in is doing it:

Find even just one friend or up to 5 friends.

Every morning, email your group a list of 10 things you're grateful for. Everyone else in the group does the same thing. And voila, you've implemented a daily exercise into your life that might make a big difference in how you experience the world around you. Plus I've found what other people are grateful for makes me reflect on more I am grateful for as well.

This week I got my car towed and then I got a traffic violation ticket as well. It's been a bit of an expensive week. But when I wrote my list out every morning, these annoying things just faded away next to the backdrop of the things that really matter.

Call me cheesy. I call you a cynic.

Try!

No comments:

Post a Comment