Monday, July 5, 2010

Things we've done in france so I don't forget!






I'm using this blog post partly as a notebook and partly as a way to make you all drool over my vacation avec my monkey. We've done and experienced so many things that I want to make sure I don't forget when I go back and look at all the freakin' pictures! We're not packing things in like an annoying bunch of 'got to get it all in' type of tourists. We're actually enjoying everything moment by moment and not over planning at all. Just kind of fly by the seat of our pants day by day.

Please pardon my spelling...my computer battery is about to wear out and I bought the wrong adapter!

Visited Versailles
Went to the top of the Eiffel tower
Musee Dorsay and loved the glass floor
Sat by the Seine and put our feet in
Sat by a fountain at Champes Elyses and put our feet in to combat the sweltering heat that day
Visited Petit Palais and saw and excellent children's art exhibition
Took the boat bus through the Sienne
Had a picnic on the Eiffel tower lawn
Went on a carousel beside the Eiffel tower (yes lots of Eiffel tower activities for the midget)
Visited the Sewer Museum...so cool
Ate crepe with nutella
Walked through the latin quarter
Took a boat tour on the Seine at sunset
Had a glass of wine in the main Marais square
Played at the park beside Musee Picasso twice
Shopped during the famous Parisian summer sales (I know have three jump suits and no they don't look to young for me!)
Visited Gustav Moreau's house which is now a fantastic museum with a spiral staircase that would awe any 6 year old
Took pictures with a gold human statue
Asked two cute french police officers for directions
Wandered in comtemporary art galleries in the Marais
Ate the BEST almond croissant I've ever ever ever had in my life
Ate french pizza for the first time which is much different loaded up on top of phyllo. OMG
Drank a cold glass of beaugolais served according to the french custom
Visited Notre Dame
Walked down part of the Eiffel tower in bare feet (bad shoe choice!)
Heard a crowd of thousands cheer from the top of the Eiffel tower when Germany won
Ate the BEST quiche I've ever had in my life
Ate the BEST Creme brulee I've ever eaten in my life

Seems there's lots of mention about food and drink...no wonder my monkey looked at my belly today and said "it looks like you have a baby in there". I was bloated yes but I have a feeling I'm going to come back a couple pounds heavier.

1 comment:

  1. you sound like you are having just the best time. Cherish every moment and memory, can't wait to hear all about it when you get back.

    ReplyDelete