Sunday, August 7, 2011

The One Exercise You Need to Ramp Up Your Sex Life



I had fun writing my most recent column at iVillage Canada. I meet women who don't know how to find their pelvic floor muscles much less engage them and I want to help enlighten them as to the benefits of knowing their bodies intimately!

Last year I presented at a Divas in the City event at the Spoke Club and met Jessica O'Reilly, Sexologist, who delivered an awesome workshop on how to give (clearing my throat and blushing right now) hand jobs using carrots. Her workshop was engaging, fun and informative but it was clear that after spending an hour with her that her education and commitment makes her one of Canada's leading sex docs.

Jessica is a Toronto-based sexologist registered with the American College of Sexologists. She has completed her Ph.D. in human sexuality and holds degrees in education and sexual diversity studies from the University of Toronto. As an educator, she views sex education as a lifelong process that addresses cognitive, affective and behavioural aspects of sexuality. Her training includes courses in counselling skills, resolving sexual concerns, sex education, clinical sexology, sexual development, sex and disability, group therapy and erotology. Jessica loves her work and divides her time between public speaking engagements, freelance writing, program development, and consulting in the field of sexual health.



In my column, Dr. Jess explains the benefits of pelvic floor strength and gives how to tips. I also explain how to do my favourite pelvic floor exercise called the Leprechaun to tighten up those muscles. So go check it out now! Before you spend one more day not getting the most out of your sex life.

Over and out,
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment