Tuesday, June 28, 2011

My interview with the extraordinary Lisa Ray


Here's a little teaser of the interview I did with Lisa Ray for iVillage Canada. We talked about how her cancer diagnosis and treatment impacted her and how commitment to practicing yoga helped her get through her illness to make her life even better.

How did your illness impact your outlook on life and your relationship with yourself and people you love?
I interpret my illness as a strong message and motivation to examine my life and lifestyle and make some changes. I was forced to make an honest assessment of my habits and I identified what I call, my 'integrity gaps'. There are things we know and there are things we put in practice. I’ve spent a large portion of my life over-riding my body's signals. I was very cavalier not just about my health, but about relationships and other aspects of my life. Now, I practice gratitude in every moment. I made a list of my core values and I check in and make sure that everything I do, every decision I make, is aligned with these values. Relationships are top of the list.


Read full interview here!

No comments:

Post a Comment