Saturday, May 22, 2010

Get fit at work - Office Parkour and head's up about Global TV Thursday

Seems there's a big trend taking hold. Office Parkour. After my Wednesday night Parkour class that left me SORE for two days, someone put me in touch with this video. It is seriously laugh out loud.



Also, wanted to put the word out that Urbanfitt has been graced with some more media attention regarding Tabata. A Global news crew dropped by Thursday night to interview me and to shoot part of the class that takes place on Thursdays at 6:30 pm.

Whenever I do media stuff, I'm sleepless the night before and often have an upset tummy. Maybe it's excitement or maybe it's partly a fear that I'm going to make a fool out of myself. Like many people, I know I'm not a know it all. So I always engage in these interviews with ample humility.

After Global interviewed me, one of my clients, Jamie, told me I had green stuff in my teeth. I thought she was just teasing me the way she always does. She wasn't. I looked in the mirror and did in fact have a hunk of bright green stuff in my teeth. I asked the camera man if he saw it. He assured me he hadn't and that it was a wide shot. Please oh please let there not be visible green stuff in my teeth during province wide 6pm news on Global this coming Thursday when the segment is supposed to air.

Amanda at foxyburd.blogspot.com was at class during the Global thing and will open her home to them for an interview as well. And a big thanks to my clients who agreed to go on TV. I assure you I did not know they would be doing the close ups on your bodacious bosoms and butts. I also didn't think they would stick around long enough to see you start sweating and grunting like you always do half way through class. You guys are like family for doing something like that for me and Urbanfitt. Sara-Clare and I ran the Tabata class together and were a great team.

Oh ya. I also found out that I might have been mispronouncing Tabata on TV as well. Humility is intact and gratitude flows to Suzanne yet again for working her magic and getting them into the studio.

Feel the love.

Jane Clapp

3 comments:

  1. I've watched it like five times now and still crack up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love how they keep saying "parkour". too funny.

    ReplyDelete