Thursday, May 13, 2010

Jamie Oliver eating chicken nuggets and workout tourrettes


I confess. My daughter ate chicken nuggets today. I know. I know. It's a treat thing. She knows that people who eat too much MacDonalds aren't healthy and become overweight. But hey. What can I say. So when my Tabata class folks walked in today, she proudly announced "I'm eating chicken nuggets" knowing that I had already asked her to keep them on the downlow. That monkey knows her mama!

After that little comic relief at Urbanfitt, Erin mentioned a Ricky Gervais thing on youtube where Jamie Oliver pigs out on chicken nuggets on camera. Here it is. Kind of funny!



Then one of the class peeps starting joking about how she has workout turrets. Sorry if this offends anyone actually with tourrettes. We were so not being PC. I ask for forgiveness for us all. I won't use her real name but let's call her Cindy. Cindy makes sex like noises during class when she's working hard and also does random whoos! when she's engaged in high intensity stuff.

Some of us can relate yes? I tend to grunt when I'm working hard and swear out loud. I even say stuff like "come on Jane!" and talk to myself. Makes me feel better. Others make little whimpering noises like a lame kitten. Other people make a full out whining noise like a teenager getting in shit and yet still I have one client who sighs like a southern bell in the summer when she's working hard. I'm always amazed by the people who stay totally quiet. What's different about me from the silent folks out there? To me it's like keeping a sneeze in instead of letting the pressure out. But the reality is that when I grunt I can push myself harder. I look at it like the crazy karate dudes who use sound to get more power. I strongly encourage vocalization in classes etc. even if I get a little too much info like from Cindy. Now I know what she sounds like in the sack. Hot stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment