Thursday, March 18, 2010

The IT Factor: If you don't have "Itt" get "Itt"



One of my friends over at Foxyburd.blogspot.com, a great fitness blogger and amazing connector of like minded people reminded me that it's ok to repeat myself.

A few years ago I blogged about the "It" Factor. Either you've got it or you don't. What is the IT Factor anyhoo?

It has nothing to do with the size of your jeans, your age, your social status, your external accomplishments, the value of your home, the car you drive or the amount of money in your bank.

The IT factor is all about our relationship with ourselves. Do we really like who we are? Do we feel good about who we are, what we stand for? Are we taking care of ourselves? Giving ourselves what we need? Feeding ourselves what our bodies need? Do we stick around in shitty relationships or do we try to change them or get out? Are we problem solving or sitting in shit for too long?

Do you feel vital, alive, inspired?

I met with a client yesterday who is looking to get IT back. Her daughter is leaving home this summer. It's hard. She wants to get IT back before the heavy blow of an empty nest arrives in a few months.

The IT factor is the same as MOJO to me. Do you have it going on? Do you feel sexy? You don't have to be skinny to feel sexy. You just have to feel vital to feel sexy. One of the best things to get IT is to get moving and sweating. It's so simple it's scary. Feeling vital and getting IT has everything to do with connecting with your body. Albeit getting on a treadmill is better than not doing anything at all. But doing things that make you connect with your body and tune in to how your body moves, to light that spark in your spirit that ignites your MOJO and gets IT going.

I've been offering Urban Warrior for several years now. I've toyed with calling it boot camp or workshop or whatever tries to communicate what I'm trying to do with people.

It's more than a boot camp. It's far more specialized than a general boot camp that beats the body up with squats, lunges and push ups. I know each of my clients' bodies and understand each person's particular challenges. It's more than circuit training like a revved up Curves program. Urban Warrior is a way for people to make their bodies smarter, more tuned in, stronger, better aligned and generally light that spark we all need to get the IT factor going.

Inspired by one of my clients, Suzanne Cheriton at Red Eye Media, I have decided to shift away from getting lumped in with generic boot camps and to communicate what we're really doing... drum roll please.

Urban Warrior: Intelligent Team Training.

You can come get your ITT back at Urbanfitt. Next round of Urban Warrior ITT is starting end of this month.
Check out the schedule.

Life is so much better when you have ITT going on.

Jane Clapp
Urbanfitt

1 comment:

  1. HI Jane. Great article! I can't believe I was living just down the road from your gym for a year and had no idea... and now I have moved away. :( It sounds like you are doing great stuff. I SO agree that getting "it" back has to do with re-connecting with our bodies. I always feel like I have "it" when I am sweaty walking back from the gym, or happily relaxed walking back from a yoga class... or just lying in bed, ready for sleep, knowing that I have taken care of my body and am treating it well. Thanks again for that lovely reminder.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete