Thursday, March 11, 2010

The truth and nothing but the truth so help me God

This morning someone commented on my facebook account "your need to dis fitness choices or programs other than your own is starting to seem a little obsessive". Good morning to you too!

I've always been obsessed with telling the truth. Ever since I was a little girl I couldn't lie to save my life. I remember once I pocketed a candy in Safeway whilst my mom was looking away. I started sweating buckets and had to put it back before we left.

I've always been committed to looking past the face value of things to see what lies deeper. This extends to my fitness career. I hate fake promises made by big fitness giants, gadget makers or people trying to cash in on people's vulnerabilities. I take my passion for the truth and I bring it to my work. Don't get me wrong. Moving or doing something is better than nothing always. But what gets people hooked on fitness is RESULTS and that's what Urbanfitt is all about.

I started exercising full on when I was fifteen (that was over 21 years ago). It really helped me through my adolescence. I became obsessed with fitness. I used to teach old school high impact aerobics in the early 90s. Since then, I've only taken maybe 18 months off of working out a minimum of 3 times per week. In those 21 years I've seen so much stuff come and go. And I've tried EVERYTHING out on my own body to see what results I get. I move with trends and adjust when new reliable information comes to light that stands the rigorous test of science and is tested by fitness gurus I respect.

Now after almost 21 years of full time working out, I am very clear about what works and doesn't work. When I see trends emerge, I have a well developed filter and I share that openly. I'm opinionated, skeptical and honest.

I will never try to sell something that is about cashing in short term. I passionately believe in my advice and I stand by what I know works.

There you go.

Jane the Pain

No comments:

Post a Comment