Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Ball and Chain Boot Camp


Leslie brought her man to the Urban Warrior Boot Camp class on Sunday and we touched base today about how it went for them doing it together. Instead of hanging around the house until noon, they yanked their butts out of bed for a 9:30am class on a Sunday morning and felt like a million bucks for the rest of the day (apart from the sore muscles of course).

Dave sent me an email yesterday titled "Ouch". Let me be clear about the type of guy Dave is. He's tall, tough and fit, plays hockey regularly and doesn't shy away from physical challenges. His comments about the class were:

"I haven’t been stiff like this for a while (don’t tell Leslie I said that J), mostly in the upper body area. Must have been the burpies. Killer!"

He also was dripping sweat during the whole thing. So the 'chick' class isn't really that easy after all. Love it.

Leslie and I were talking today about the possibility of throwing together a couple's boot camp. Why not do something healthy with the one you love? Doing high intensity training like we do in Urban Warrior also boosts testosterone levels. Here's a link to an article titled "Pump Iron to Pump Libido".

"A revved up sex drive may also occur from other sympathetic hormones like epinephrine (adrenalin) that make a person more energized, or even opioids like beta-endorphins that can produce a "feel-good" effect. Or it may be that the psychological self-confidence that you get from being physically fit, accomplishing fitness goals (exercising on a regular basis, for example) or simply losing weight boosts your self-esteem and helps you to feel sexier"

Exercise together and there's a good chance your sex life is going to rock. Good selling point for the boys or randy chicas out there. Don't be afraid to use this fact to coerce your partners into getting fit with you.

Here's a link to a video by Lou Riley comparing the stages of a workout with the stages a relationship.

Most couple's boot camps are about fast food style relationship overhaul, lots of talking and expressing emotions. Here's a link to an article about a relationship boot camp. I'm not talking about anything like this. I'm just talking about sweating together.

I didn't find any couple's boot camps being offered anywhere in the Tdot. Sooooo Leslie gave me a great idea today.
Why not see who would be interested in a Twosome Boot Camp (aka couple's boot camp but twosome boot camp sounds better).

All to often my female clients have changed their bodies into something smokin hot and left their partners in the dust. That isn't going to help with 'things' if you know what I mean. Working out together is a fantastic way to connect and support each other and have fun doing something other than eating or drinking. It can be really hard on a relationship when one partner gets their mojo back and the other partner isn't stepping up. I've seen it many times.

So let me know if anyone might be interested in joining a Sunday morning Ball and Chain Boot Camp (9:30 to 10:45). It would be the same format as Urban Warrior Boot Camp except with lots of partnered exercises like we did last Sunday. And I never have issues with people bringing their kids if they can't find childcare. I love setting up an environment where children get to see their parents model healthy behaviours and SWEAT. And when I say Ball and Chain I mean gay, straight whatevs. The Urbanfitt environment is progressive and the people are rad.

This could be the next BIG thing in fitness. Who knows ;)

And in case you didn't know, I offer a couple's membership rate of $50 per month for the add on member.

Drop me a line or send me some feedback about this new idea of mine/ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment