Monday, March 15, 2010

Reporting back after Dr. JJ hooked me up

Dr. JJ and I started shooting the poop whilst he inserted a needle into my arm. Thank goodness I spent all the time in hospital years ago getting poked with needles. I was able to keep my cool as he gingerly inserted the IV needle and then hooked me up with a bag of vitamins designed to help me with stress and boost my immune system.

Within 10 seconds I could taste the vitamin B. Some people can taste vitamin B while it's being hooked up and some can't. Dr. JJ and my hypothesis is that perhaps I really needed a good dose of it and I was deficient. Wouldn't be the first time and won't be the last time.

We chatted about loads of stuff, business, health, the Little Italy hood. And during our hour long meeting I walked away knowing that this naturopathic doc, healer, researcher and human being moves through life with a tonne of integrity. He's been doing lots of amazing stuff with Mother Risk at Sick Kids, working with women during IVF and treats his patients with authenticity and compassion.

In terms of the IV treatment, I've never had a meeting while hooked up but it got me thinking about the possibility of doing it again in the future. I felt really energized and made sure I had a good lunch. I worked out a couple hours later with four sets of Tabata and felt great.

A client this afternoon told me I looked really great, that I had a sparkle in my eye. It definitely could be the IV treatment. But it could also be the fact I met with another practitioner who is genuinely committed to helping people and doesn't put on a persona to get patients. And when it comes to our health and fitness, trust is an essential component of improvement.

Thanks Dr. JJ!
You can find him at his clinic:
Liberty Health, 360 College Street, Suite 301 (416)591.1123
askdrjj.com

Here's a little bit more about him:
Dr. Jean-Jacques Dugoua, or Dr. JJ, as he is affectionately known, is a Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine (ND), the Director of the Liberty Clinic and a PhD candidate at the University of Toronto. He is also a researcher at Sick Kids Hospital (Toronto) and a published author.
"I practice science-based medicine, rely on holistic wisdom from the past and use natural treatments for disease", say Dr. JJ.
Dr. JJ combines naturopathic medicine, clinical nutrition, evidence-based medicine, acupuncture, homoeopathy, detoxification, mesotherapy and intravenous (IV) therapies in his treatments. He has worked with patients suffering from chronic disease, including HIV/AIDS, cancer, arthritis, chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, diabetes, multiple chemical sensitivities, chronic pain, gastrointestinal disease and heart disease. He practices preventative medicine where patients are given treatment plans and health strategies to optimize their health."

No comments:

Post a Comment